I have to admit they are the best caramel filled chocolate candies for baking. Don’t try to sub with any other caramel filled chocolate candy, because they don’t hold up as well. In my experience, the caramel bakes out and incorporates with the cookie dough. Which is yummy, but you would miss out on all the pockets full of caramel!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Rolo Bites candy (already unwrapped)
- Optional: 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish by lining it with parchment paper. If necessary, foil can be used, but it must be sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix together (using a stand mixer or by hand) the butter, brown sugar, and eggs. Mix in the milk, vanilla, flour, baking soda, salt, and oats.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, Rolos, and pecans.
- Spread the dough in the prepared baking dish. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes. The edges should be set and golden brown, and the tops of the bars should look mostly “dry.”
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting.