Looks delicious, don’t they! I can just imagine the smell this must create while these are baking. My neighbors and friends will love these too. I don’t think they will last very long in our house. Enjoy!
- 4 cups whole natural almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Spread almonds in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from over and place on wire rack; cool 30 minutes.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
5. Grease 15x10x1 pan (or line with parchment paper); set aside.
6. With a wire whisk, beat egg white and water in a large bowl until frothy. Stir in granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir in cooled almonds. Spread almonds in a single layer in prepared pan.
7. Bake approximately 20 minutes or until almonds appear dry, stirring once halfway through baking.
8. Transfer nuts to waxed paper, separating almonds into individual pieces; cool completely.
9. Place almonds in air tight decorative container for gift giving or air tight containers for storage in refrigerator. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week. Makes 5-1/2 cups.
October 28, 2014