Oh how I love my no bake cookies! I like to tweak this recipe a bit by adding a bit more vanilla and peanut butter and a tad less cocoa. Here is the old fashioned standard recipe for yummy no bake cookies! Follow my instructions exactly (EXACTLY!!) and you’ll have the perfect No Bake Cookie!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups QUICK oats
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa. (HAVE YOUR OTHER INGREDIENTS MEASURED OUT AND READY NEARBY) Stir constantly and bring to a ROLLING boil. By rolling boil, I mean that the ENTIRE surface of the pan contents should be steadily bubbling. Once this begins, set your timer and boil for exactly ONE MINUTE, stirring the whole time.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla and peanut butter until peanut butter is melted. Add quick oats and stir with a wooden spoon for about 2 minutes until the mixture begins to cool and thicken. Do NOT skimp on this step. Stirring for 2 minutes allows the oats to soften and cook just slightly in the hot liquid.
- Drop by spoonfuls on wax paper and allow to firm and cool for an hour or so.