I am excited to share another great recipe with you! Your family will love this recipe… especially your children! Hooray! We love when our kiddos want to eat, don’t we? And the best part? You will know every ingredient that is in them. Wonderful! Okay, are you ready? Here we go…
Homemade Chicken Nuggets Start by cutting your chicken. Try to make your pieces uniform in size.
Marinate your chicken in the yogurt mixture. Marinate at least 4 hours…or up to 2 days! Whatever works with your schedule. I’m all about simplicity!
When your chicken is done marinating, you can roll the pieces around in flour individually, or use a plastic freezer bag. Fill it with flour and shake until the chicken is coated.
Next, is the frying. The oil is hot enough when it starts to have small bubbles. I tested out a few nuggets to make sure it was hot enough. Adjust your heat as needed. Your oil should NEVER smoke.
Place nuggets on a drying rack to cool. Make sure you put a cookie sheet underneath to catch any dripping oil.
Salt to taste. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Ready for the recipe? Here you go!
Homemade Chicken Nuggets
3 pounds Chicken Meat
2 cups Plain Yogurt (add more if needed)
1 Onion, chopped
2-3 Garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp Paprika
1-2 pinches Cayenne pepper
1 1/2 – 2 cups Flour
1/2 tsp Sea salt
1/2 tsp Ground pepper
2 cups Coconut Oil or oil of your choice for frying
1. Cut the chicken into nugget-sized pieces.
2. Place chicken in 9×13 dish and mix in the yogurt, chopped onion, garlic, paprika and cayenne pepper. Put in fridge for a minimum of 4 hours and up to 2 days.
2. When done marinating, place chicken in a colander and drain off the excess yogurt and onion/garlic pieces.
3. Add the flour, sea salt, ground pepper, and chicken pieces to a large plastic freezer bag, zip to seal, and shake until the chicken is completely coated.
4. Set your skillet or large saucepan on medium heat and add the 2 cups of oil.
The oil is hot enough when it starts to bubble — but not so hot that it’s smoking. Add the chicken pieces to the pan and fry for 3-5 minutes on each side, until dark golden brown.
Using tongs, remove chicken nuggets from the pan and place on a cooling rack, on a plate, or cookie sheet lined with a paper towel.
Add sea salt to taste.